Re: Spank!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 01:21:17 EST

Not to burst your bubble, but watts aren't everything. Efficient speakers
and
efficient power does the trick (and wins audio contests). I got out of loud
car stereos when I bought my 1st Dakota back in '92 (and got into Home
Theater...that's another story!). I know what you are going through... :0
Don't blow your ears out. I nearly did! (2-Punch 10's, 2-Punch 12's, and
450 watts at 2 ohm --PPI amps).

My friend is still into it, and has a wild/mild setup in his Ranger...
Don't
throw things at me.. He wants to get a car now! Anyway, his system
consists
of roughly 400 watts total power, 3 amps, Alpine CD changer/Deck, etc.
etc...
We had a guy pull up along side us playing some hip-hop boom shockalaka boom
(which I can listen to), but on a wildly distorted system (bottoming bass,
shrill highs).

My friend doesn't play his system very loud very often, and warned me to
plug my
ears. He put in 'Glen Miller and his Big Band". The song started out
typical big
band with the "Peddada dadda...dadda " then "BOOM BOOM BOOM" and off it
went... My eyes could barely focus on the street that lay before me. The
guy next
to us rolled his window up... and for the next 45 seconds of red light, he
was
POUNDED by one of the finest big band recordings of all time. I myself am
not
a big fan, but was amazed on how much clear sound that a quality system can
make, at both high and low volumes. After that day my tastes for music was
changed.... Now if I can only get Columbia House to approve my 4 record
club
application.. Hmm.

Sam '95 SLT

Home page = http://members.home.net/srp/