RE: Im new here. . . !!!

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 09:33:18 EST

options were 3.55 and 3.92. The 4X4 is not available with 3.21.
Something else you may want to consider and that is the 3.92 gears. No I
do not race, but I do have the Tire and Handling package, and those
gears make a difference. My rpm's at 65 mph are right on 2000. For a
truck of this size and weight, I would not want the smaller gears as it
will only hurt acceleration, the around town and getting on highway
type. I too originally wanted the 3.55's but after driving a 97 with the
3.92's I knew which one was better for me. Those tires are large enough
that the engine can break them loose, but it cannot smoke them. I also
opted for the limited slip. Nothing worse than a 4X4 spinning one front
and one rear wheel.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,

Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, DDBC, also in Intense Blue.
BTW, I now have jpgs of my truck. If anyone wants to see them send me a
note and I'll send them to you directly

<snipped>
First day on the list. . . .

Got a ?. . . Today I ordered a 1998 Dak 318 w/ 5 speed trans. . . . .
the dealer
told me that the standard rear axle was 3.21, and if I wanted a 3.55,
it would
be an additional $43. Nowhere have I seen 3.21 paired to the 318, but I
have
seen the 3.55 the standard rear axle. . .

I fought with the dealer for more than 15 minuets on this issue, and it
still
has yet to be resolved. I paid for the 'upgrade 3.55 axle, but I feel
it is
part of the 318 package. . . "HE" told me when the truck comes in they
will
credit me for the axle if it was part of the package.

Any Help. . .

Future Owner. .
98 Dak Intense Blue CC 4X4
All the goodies but the tow pkg. . .