Re: Sam WAS; Spank!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 21:13:14 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Clark <mike@snakebite.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 11:28 PM
Subject: Sam WAS; DML: Spank!

>Sam Parthemer wrote:
>> He put in 'Glen Miller and his Big Band". The song started out
>> typical big
>> band with the "Peddada dadda...dadda " then "BOOM BOOM BOOM" and off it
>> went... My eyes could barely focus on the street that lay before me.
>Great story Sam!
>
>Hey don't think we've heard much from you in a while. How's everything
>going? Your injuries heal up OK?
>
>--
>----
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com

    I am getting better. I can do most anything, but lift very heavy items.
I tested it this evening putting up a small 6'x6' patio cover for my dog's
'pen'. Felt a little 'tweak' in my back, and now I am drinking a beer
wishing
I hadn't done it. My motorcycle is 100% back to together (back.. get it!),
but
have only ridden it twice (once going about 20 mph on a dirt road, and the
other with my wife on the back down to the beach and 'back!'). My new job
has me working 9-10 hours 5-6 daze a week, and between that and the
rain with had recently here in San Diego... Sunday is the my only day of
rest... Working with computers all day, when I come home I haven't wanted
to even check my email. 950 messages last weekend!! GEEZ....

    My second choice for a 'work truck' is actually a used Dakota. I have
found
a '89, V6, 'sport' model for $2700 bucks. About 90000 miles on it. Anyone
have
a feeling on that model year?? The only V6 I've had is in my '69 jeep....
Which
might be going away to cover the new-used truck.

    BTW: Scored again. Got a carpet kit (used) for $50.00 for my truck.
In
pretty good condition. It was originally in a '93 short bed, then in a '95
White
SLT. The guy I bought it from had the exact same truck as me. He might
be lurking on the list now after I told him about it.

    Sam '95 SLT