Re: Sam WAS; Spank!

From: Gary Gellert (ggellert@okjunc.junction.net)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 20:15:53 EST

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Sam Parthemer wrote:

> My second choice for a 'work truck' is actually a used Dakota. I have
> found
> a '89, V6, 'sport' model for $2700 bucks. About 90000 miles on it. Anyone
> have
> a feeling on that model year?? The only V6 I've had is in my '69 jeep....
> Which
> might be going away to cover the new-used truck.

I had an '89 sport, white with the multicolor gray stripes along the
bottom. It was with the V6 and 4 speed automatic. More or less had
every option including 4x4, including the light bar with lights and the
fog lights, only thing I can remember it not having was Air. I bought it
new in the fall of '89, and was quite happy with it, except it could have
used more power. I was commuting to work with it, and the commute
included a climb of 2000' of elevation in a 25 mile stretch of highway,
and it showed a lack of passing power going up those long hills.
Unfortunately, I totaled the truck in January of '92, and had to settle
for a '92 v8 work truck as a replacement.

ggellert@junction.net