Re: Drag Racing

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 00:31:51 EST

WillTier wrote:
> Boy could you imagine if these Daks were areodymanically correct humiliation
> they would put on them performance cars out there considering we're already
> embarrassing them ?

Absolutely! I'd like to see a RWD 318 Avenger.... or maybe a 360
Intrepid, that'd be an Impalla eater fer shur...

> Waaaaa "mommy I got beat by a brick" Brick or not they are
> a force they have to contend with.
>
> Bill

Yep they are a force. Just tonight I had to teach another blowtie owner
a lesson. A co-worker has a 71 chivvy 4X2 with a 454 bored .30 over,
dual flowmasters, headers, a cam blah blah blah. It sounds like it
makes about 10,000 horsepower, and while setting next to mine it made
mine sound tame... We'll this guy's pretty cool and all, but as we were
leaving another co-worker came up and we started talking cars and the
hoods came up. We started revin' the motors, pissin off the campus
police and stuff. My second bud asked me why Mopar speed parts are so
expensive, compared to chivvy stuff. And the blowtie owner chimes in
playfully "... cause they're a slow piece of s%#t..." I thought, just
have your laugh dude, we live in the same direction and will be leaving
the same time... Well to make a long story short, got on the freeway, I
was behind him in the right lane doing about 75, OD off at about 3700rpm
or so. I pull into the left lane and he hits it. Try as he might I
just pulled on ahead of him. When he was about 5 truck lengths back I
looked down and was at 110mph and still pulling hard. But I was comming
up on an overpass (cops love to set on the other side) and he had
learned his lesson, so I hit the brakes. He didn't try anymore all the
way home.... Can't wait to rub it in tommorow.... ;-)

He calls his truck "the beast".... guess I need a name now, hmmmm.

The Malicious Magnum
The Dakota Demolisher
The Dodge Destroyer
The Mopar Mangler