Re: Drag Racing

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 01:55:49 EST

At 11:31 PM 3/24/98 -0600, you wrote:
>WillTier wrote:
>> Boy could you imagine if these Daks were areodymanically correct humiliation
>> they would put on them performance cars out there considering we're already
>> embarrassing them ?
>
>Absolutely! I'd like to see a RWD 318 Avenger.... or maybe a 360
>Intrepid, that'd be an Impalla eater fer shur...

   Yep! (Though I would prefer a RWD 318 (or 360 while we're dreaming)
Venom.) Just think: If our trucks are competetive with the Mustangs,
just think of what something more aerodynamic like the Venom with the
same engine, but with a better suspension, a nice smooth 6-speed, and
fat tires, with the benefit of everything Dodge has learned through the
Viper and their roadracing campaigns. Ohhhh mama! Where's my
checkbook?!?!! :-) You wouldn't be able to touch that baby with anything
this side of a Porsche! Dang, I wish Mopar would break into the ponycar
market...

>> Waaaaa "mommy I got beat by a brick" Brick or not they are
>> a force they have to contend with.
>>
>> Bill
>
>Yep they are a force. Just tonight I had to teach another blowtie owner
>a lesson. A co-worker has a 71 chivvy 4X2 with a 454 bored .30 over,

  Hee hee hee! Just an aside: Will we ever run out of insulting
  names for other manufacturers and their vehicles? I hope not. ;-)

>dual flowmasters, headers, a cam blah blah blah. It sounds like it
>makes about 10,000 horsepower, and while setting next to mine it made
>mine sound tame... We'll this guy's pretty cool and all, but as we were
>leaving another co-worker came up and we started talking cars and the
>hoods came up. We started revin' the motors, pissin off the campus
>police and stuff. My second bud asked me why Mopar speed parts are so
>expensive, compared to chivvy stuff. And the blowtie owner chimes in
>playfully "... cause they're a slow piece of s%#t..." I thought, just

  Them's fightin' wurds!!!

>have your laugh dude, we live in the same direction and will be leaving
>the same time... Well to make a long story short, got on the freeway, I
>was behind him in the right lane doing about 75, OD off at about 3700rpm
>or so. I pull into the left lane and he hits it. Try as he might I
>just pulled on ahead of him. When he was about 5 truck lengths back I
>looked down and was at 110mph and still pulling hard. But I was comming
>up on an overpass (cops love to set on the other side) and he had
>learned his lesson, so I hit the brakes. He didn't try anymore all the
>way home.... Can't wait to rub it in tommorow.... ;-)

  Good work, Mike!

>He calls his truck "the beast".... guess I need a name now, hmmmm.

  Well... if you *really* want to rub it in, how about dropping a letter
from his nickname and calling your truck:

   "The Best"

   :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.