Re: Hey!

From: Tomdamit (Tomdamit@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 20:36:02 EST

<<
 I just gotta ask, what made all of you choose the Dakota over the Ram,
 price???

For me, the Ram was simply too HUGE! Styling is a little dated compared to
the Dak, IMHO. I don't need a full size truck and the Dak is a "Goldilocks"
size- it's just right! The V8 was a seller for sure as I was all set to go
Ford Ranger Splash but the V8 and slightly larger size did it for me. I might
have been sold a Ford F150 if it was more like the new F250/350. I must say
that fortunately for me, price was not really an object once I settled on what
I wanted.
The S-10 was too small. Chev C1500 too large and too "GM". GM products in my
experience still are plagued with things like door locks falling aprt, trim
items coming adrift and so on. Not worth the risk. My only disappointment
has been the rear axle howl but the dealer's working with me on it.