Re: Door rust prevention

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 07:48:54 EST

I would say that this initial washing is enough to eliminate the
problem.....Repeated washing out of the door innards will subject them to
WAY more H20 than they were designed to see......Plus, it will take longer
for the innards to dry out since its a conceled, isolated spot...

I would just check on the "dirt level" evry so often...spraying some WD40
into the bottom of the door may help....

At 12:59 PM 3/24/98 -0600, you wrote:
 Anyway, after removing the strips, I douched
>the bottoms of the doors out with water and I'll continue to do it
>whenever I wash her - hope it'll help keep her in shape. If anyone can
>think of a reason why this was a bonehead thing to do, let me know!
>
>Tate

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!