Re: Door rust prevention

From: Jack Snodgrass (jack@cybermail.net)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 14:40:00 EST

I noticed a lot of dirt/mud on the lower door panels and lower door jamb
with my 2wd Dak. There is a seal that prevents stuff from getting to
the inside of the truck, but it catches a lot of mud and dirt. This isn't
'hit' during a normal wash. I had to scrub quite a bit with the door open
to get the under side clean.

I read a suggestion in a truck magazine that said to spray wd-40 on
areas that you didn't want mud to stick to. I think that the wd-40 might
attract dirt... but it might work. Anyone want to spray some on their
truck and tell us if it keeps it clean? ;)

Jack - jack@dakota-truck.net