Re: Re: Radar Detectors. VASCAR

From: Kevin M. Bigler (KBigler@CoWebLink.Net)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 15:07:53 EST

Chris lang wrote:

> Hey I'm in NY too so I'm in the clear and most of the places I drive are
> backroads so is only the occasinal state trooper sriving along so my
> whistler 1490 does the job just fine. Have you ever seen VASCAR in NY?
> Where if so.
>
> Chris Lang

Howdy. . .

Speaking from the other side of the fence, VASCAR can be done anywhere, and is
typically done while following a "violater" or sitting in a "hiding spot" wher e
you dont need the right angle for a radar. It is a small unit in the patrol
vehicle that is basically a stopwatch with 2 buttons. It can be done in motion
or stationary. Violater passes a spot (maby a tree) and a button is pushed.
Police car passes the tree, 2nd button pushed. Violater passes a overpass,
button pushed to stop counter, and then patrol car passes the overpass, second
button pushed. That give the computer the equation "time and distance equals
Speed". . . . Wallah. . . there you go. . . VASCAR is Very simple, but very
accurate. . . In addition, My radar unit is instant on, so as soon as i see a
violater (visual estimate) at activate my unit and I have the violater before
the detector even knows what happens.

Just remember Every action has an opposite and equal reaction. As soon as a
product comes out to defeat the other, a better mouse trap is mad.....Can't wait
to see the future detector detect a "trooper hat" in vehicle. . . . .

Any Questions, Just ask. . . I too have a lead foot. . . .And yes, I have had my
share of tickets. . .

--
Deputy Kevin M. Bigler

mailto:KBigler@coweblink.net http://207.211.243.125/