Re: Gas milage -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 20:04:59 EST

I've got a 88' dak with a flowmaster and I saw a slight gain in Mileage,
about 1 mpg, then I added a high flow cat and that helped for another
MPG. I;m looking at headers and those shoud help significantly.
-mike sykes
88'V6

>>> <dakota1994@juno.com> 03/26/97 10:58pm >>>
yea, i have a 94 DAK with a 3.9 also and it seems lately i have been
getting terrible gas milage. i got the v6 to get better ,milage and now
i think i should have just gotten the v8, oh well...
will a flowmaster increase my milage anyone?? also i noticed a bend in
the y pipe coming off the engine of my exhaust, is this effecting
anything greatly, if so should i replace the part??

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:08:59 -0500 Mark Fahy <fahym@MZELL.NET>
writes:
>Ok- I got a '97 Dak CC 3.9L with 13k on it a month ago. Its a great
>truck, but my milage really seems bad. I'm getting 15.5 or so per
>gallon
>city/highway driving. I don't know if it should be this bad or not?
>The
>dealer said they wouldn't look at it unless the check engine light was
>on.
> I paid them to huck it up to the computer and they didn't find
>anything.
> So, got any ideas?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]