Re: Re: manual transmission

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 23:02:30 EST

 From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

> I don't know what year your DAK is and myself having an automatic in my
'95 have you checked to see if you have dirt or mud in the linkage
mechanism? I don't know how well the shifter or linkage is sealed, but if
you have outside contaminates on these units they will bind up and be tight.
Just clean off or disassemble parts if rusty or dirt covered and apply a
liberal amount of wheel bearing grease(water proof upto an extent) and it
should take care of your problem, unless you have a bent rod or if cable
actuated maybe the cable housing is dry-in that case either replace or take
cable and soak in a LIGHT oil bath over night and see if that takes care of
problem( I do this with my motorcycle and it works wonders.