Re: Re: Radar Detectors. Was: Spank!

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 07:06:53 EST

I'm the same way. I used to have a Bel radar/laser detector. I had so
many replaced because of failures, they upgraded me to the then new/best
unit they had. It too failed almost immediately, and out they send
another one. It lasted for a little over a year before failing. When
that happened, I had no idea how I was going to handle driving on the
highway. I just decided that there was no sense in cruising at 90 all
the time and constantly looking over my shoulder while dodging in and
out of slower (80 mph) traffic. I'm much happier now and allot more
relaxed. Driving fast is fun once in a while, but not all the time. It's
not worth the ticket, or the risk of a wreck.
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, T&H Package, Power Everything, Nerf
Bars, Billet Grill, Rhino Liner, DDBC, Snug Lid on order. cruise set on
72.

<snipped>
My fuzz buster is on the shelf in the garage. Life is so much simpler
just
setting the cruise control about 8 or 9 over the speed limit and
cruising.
An hour drive is now enjoyable, gas mileage is better, and I get there
only
a minute or so behind the jerk that is weaving in and out, or jumpy as a
cat
in a room full of rocking chairs ever time he sees a Ford LTD.
<unsnipped>