Tire pressure

From: ROADRUNNER (fsjz@aurora.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 21:21:05 EST

the ruts. The ruts were less than 1/2 an inch but the dirt was almost
entirely clay, so I couldn't get any traction. Would lowereing the tire
pressure have helped? How much additional traction does lowering the
pressure provide? How low can I lower the tire pressure? How low can I
lower the pressure and still drive at highway speeds when I get back to
the highway? [I have the steel 15x6 rims with P235/75R15 on my V6 Dakota
SB] What other items would you suggest taking on trips where getting
stuck may become a problem?

          Johnny Zutz
          University of Alaska Fairbanks
          Email: fsjz@aurora.alaska.edu