RE: Tire pressure

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 09:06:04 EST

I don't know how low you can take the pressure and still run highway
speeds, but for off roading, you can generaly go down to 12-15 psi. This
helps mostly on rocky surfaces though. I bought and carry a small 12v
tire pump specifically for this. I can air down when I leave the road,
and pump them back up in just a couple of minutes when I hit pavement
again.
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, T&H Package,Power Everything, Nerf
Bars, Billet, Grill, Rhino Liner, SnugLid on order, DDBC.
BTW, someone mentioned that I must have been lucky because I have the
huge drive shaft as opposed to the skinny one and thought that it was
part of an option package. I'm not sure if it is or not. I do have the
Heavy Duty Service group, but that was only supposed to provide a larger
radiator, bigger battery, and higher output alternator. I do not have
the towing group, or the 2000lb payload group.