Re: Tune-up question

From: Nicholas McKinney (nickmckinn@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 15:23:46 EST

At 10:59 AM 4/1/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Anyway, I have had great luck with NGK in the past and would go along
>with your friend's advice to use the NGK cross-referenced to the stock
>Champions. Except that I plan on trying the Autolite Double Platinum
>next time. Maybe they'll work, maybe they won't.

The problem here is that the NGK will probably cross reference to the
RC12YC and not directly to the RC12LC4 which uses a longer core nose (the L
part of the #). This is what the truck plug and other plugs do also. So
far I have found no direct equivalents to the RC12LC4.

I have tried those Autolite platinums and was not impressed at all. They
use a small raised portion on the center electrode (the platinum
supposedly) that wore down very quickly with me. I would reccomend only
putting one in your ride and comparing it to an unused one after a few
thousand miles to see if it holds up.

My 1.5 cents (damn inflation)

Nicholas

           Nicholas McKinney