Re: Tune-up question

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 10:59:43 EST

> I have tried the"Truck Plugs"and can tell you that after checking the gap 8K
> after installation, they had gone from the specified .035 down to .026-.028.
> Not good.

  This isn't making sense to me. How did the gap decrease during use?
Plug wear implies that the gap increases. Or am I just missing something
obvious?

  Anyway, I have had great luck with NGK in the past and would go along
with your friend's advice to use the NGK cross-referenced to the stock
Champions. Except that I plan on trying the Autolite Double Platinum
next time. Maybe they'll work, maybe they won't.

  Ron