we don't need no stinking fan!

From: John Casall (jcasall@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 18:42:46 EST

just replaced the fan(electric) and it runs marginally cooler but not
as cool as before. I guess I'll have to go to the 160 thermostat.
Seems like an attack on the sympton and not the problem itself though.

Before installing the fan I thought I would be *smart* and disconnect
the battery so the fan wouldn't remove any fingers, dont want to be
like Phil Keaggy since I'm no good at guitar. I'm removing the
postive lead when the wrench hits the battery hold down bolt. arc
weld city! I have a 7/16 wrench in the other hand, so I try to bash
it loose to break the connection. Well, you can't bash anything with
a 7/16 wrench. meanwhile my friend is watching in amusement. I step
back pondering if I should continue bashing or get out of the way
before it explodes. My friend decides to kick it loose and to my
amazement kicks the wrench free on the first kick. I immediatelly
pick up the wrench from the ground and immediately drop it. VERY HOT!
 I start the truck and notice there is only 10 volts on the battery,
that poor wrench absorbed a lot of energy. back to Sears for it!

Moral of the story? the negative lead, the NEGATIVE!