Re: How do you remove the front air dam / bumper valence on a 97+ Dak

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 12:40:41 EST

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:40:36 -0600, you wrote:

>I need to remove the front air dam / bumper valence on my 97 Dakota.=20
>Do I need to remove the entire bumper assembly or can I leave the
>upper bumper bar attached the the truck and only remove the lower=20
>valence? If I need to remove the bumper bar... do I want to detach=20
>the bumper bar from the two brackets holding it to the frame... or
>do I want to detach the brackets from the frame?=20

I had to do this to install the Mopar tow hooks. The front
bmper/airdam is a one piece assembly. As I remember it, there were six
bolts, three on each side, and two above the bumper. I can dig out the
instructions if you need a play by play.

Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....