RE: Mild lowering ???s

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 18:10:07 EST

Stephan,

I have all the same goals for my 98. I like the idea of modified
spindles vs the control arms since you do not shorten the
wheel travel. Does anyone know of dropped spindles for the 97-98
Dak?

I am interested where this thread goes...

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 11:54:39 -0600
>From: Stephan Boianoff <sboianoff@mdc.com>
>Subject: DML: Mild lowering ???'s
>
>I am looking for a 2/4 drop for my '98, and I have a few ???'s. (It's not
>much of a drop, but I need some winter ground clearance.)
>
>First, Front: How much of a drop do the lower control arms
provide?

Snip

>Last, Rear: What is the best way to achieve a mild rear drop, while not
>greatly affecting your tow capacity and payload? I am not interested in
>notching the frame, and I would like to stay away from airbags. I am not
>trying to do it the cheapest way possible (I only want to do it once, and
>safety is always the most important thing), but I am not made of money
>either. For any recommendations, please include wether shocks should
>be changed at the same time.

Snip

>Thanks for all of your help.
>
>Steve

>>The new Western Chassis Components use lower control arms, the
>>only way to go for the new Daks. They state that a spindle would have
>>cost 3-4 times the amount to manufacture. My ride is excellent and
>>accounts for a 5-and-7-inch drop complete with c-notch.

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA
(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)