Re: Waxing the Dakota

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 22:37:20 EST

At 07:53 AM 3/29/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Dakota Mailing List

>I just waxed my 98 clear coat Dak, and the new to me product that is the

>best I ever used.

>Its called Protect All and I got it at Wal Mart in the RV section.

>I got it for my trailer and it said it was also designed for clear coat so=

>tried it.

>EZ to use and NO sweral marks or scratches, It even took out some that I=
 got

>from my first waxing,minor,

>It is also for rubber and plastic and it does not leave that white residue

>on the black parts most waxes do.

>That black plastic trim between my door and the CC windows had a lot of=
 fine

>scratches, gone now.

>I did the tires and wheel wells and the truck looks better than the that

>wonderful day when I got it.

If easy on easy off is what you are looking for then cool, but if your=
 interested in a product that can really protect your paint job and look=
 good.. Go to a hardware store and see if you can find Blue Coral's Wood=
 Floor Wax... It is pure 100% Carnuba Bees Wax. The way it works is it=
 liquifies easily with friction so aplication is pretty easy. Polishing=
 takes lots of elbo grease, but one wax job can last all summer and the rain=
 will beed up always... If your into massicism apply several jobs.. The look=
 will give you that DEEP look that you see on Mexican Laqur jobs you see on=
 some low riders. Ever sense I ran out and have not been able to find more=
 of this awsome wax I have used both Blue Coral and Mother's wax that is=
 mostly Carnuba.. The only difference is that they added Petrolium Distilets=
 that help break up road film and make polishing easier... These products=
 don't last quite as long, but they do work well. Even though clear coats=
 have been around a while it still helps to add protection.

>Now if someone can tell me how to get the windows as clean as the dealer I

>will find happyness.

News Paper works well.. The fibers in the paper are a good abrasive. =
 However the dope about the oil in the ink is true to some affect also. You=
 can counteract that problem by using a concetrated cleaner. I use See=
 Spray with Anti Fog by Amway.. Its the shit! :) I then use a cotten=
 t-shirt to wipe on/wipe off. Works for me.

~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~

Dennis D. Baker, Jr. Providing High Quality Internet Service to=20
=20

V.P. Southwest Louisiana and working towards a

DelTech Industries, Ltd. better Internet Community.

dbaker@deltech.net =20

433-2225 Voice/Daytime Support

</paraindent>postmaster@deltech.net (318) 626-1813
Voice/Nightime Support