Re: Subwoofer Enclosure

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 23:19:44 EST

<< As far as a box for the rear seat, I'm thinking of doing 3 rockford DVC
 12's in the rear of mine. I can't decide yet exactly what style box to
 use, but I'm leaning toward a slot load box with the slot firing at the
 floor. I want to trim the box in vinyl with an embossed RAM head on it!
 woo hoo! I heard a slot load box in a cherokee with 6 dvc 10s in it
 and he was hitting over 150db! Dunno how low the 3 12s will be, but I
 know they'll be over 140 cuz 2 in a sealed box will get over 140 in a
 competition environment. If you're looking for subs with low air space
 requirements that'll take a fairly hefty amount of wattage, look at the
 DVCs. They rock for under $200 per sub!

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, I have no idea what you are talking
about!!! Slot loaded? Is that when you go gambling and drink way too much??
I know nothing about car stereo. I need help.

Brad