Re: Tune-up question

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 09:49:20 EST

> > The latter doesn't make sense to me,
> >as it would seem to imply a hotter heat range.
>
> It extends out about .1~.2" further into the chamber than the Y series. If
> it helps anyone here is the breakdown of the part number.

  You and Frank have explained it pretty well. I think I've sussed out how
you could extend the center nose without affecting heat range. Thanks.

> I can say that NGK did seem to last the longest in the
> serious race stuff.

  I swear by NGK, as they have always worked very well for me in my really
high-stress applications (dirt bikes, and especially my boat. The Volvo
4-banger consistently ate Champions like cocktail peanuts [cracked and worn
electrodes, peculiar failures, swap at least twice a season], but the last set
of NGKs have worked great for the last 2 seasons.

  Ron