Info On PCM's

From: pjohnson@metlife.com
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 20:22:56 EST

Can anyone give me some clues??? Do aftermarket PCM's really do what they say??
I have heard from friends when they installed the ones from JET created a nitemare..
The truck(97 Ram 5.9l auto) would start off in 2nd gear..Needless to say it was returned.
I own a 98 Dak 5.2L Auto 3.55(lsd)CC.I lookin to do some minor bolt-on type Mods..
I've already installed Gibson Cat Back Duels,and a 180degree thermostat,K&N filter,though
I'm still waiting for the FilterCharger.If a PCM would give some notable performance
i'd give it a try..Sorry this is so long... I'm a first timer on here...

Thanks..
Pete: