Re: How to unsubscribe (Attention: Jon)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 21:43:27 EST

At 08:20 PM 3/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 04:42 PM 3/25/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>I need HELP! How do I get off this list? I also would like to appologise, I
>>sent a Microsoft camcorder movie to a member to explain how to set up a
>>signature file, thinking it was to his home email address! SORRY
>>Michele
>
>Every message which you have received from this list contains the following
>information in the e-mail header:

>Apparently you must have your e-mail program configured not to display all
>header information, and it's hiding this information from you.
>
>Which reminds me, this seems to happen rather a lot around here. Norah and
>I are on another mailing list for Babylon 5, and that list automatically
>sticks the following on the *end* of every message, after the author's own
>signature file:
>
>--
>Web page coming soon!
>Send (un)subscribe, who, and info requests to:
>SouthOntario-b5-Request@babcom.com
>--
>
>How would members of the DML feel about having something similar? It does
>tend to be copied many times in replies to messages, but it might cut down
>how to do it.

   Sorry its taken so long for me to reply to this; been falling
behind. :-)

   The list sofware we use does have that capability. I had hoped that
it would be enough to have it in the headers, but maybe not? The major
problem that I have seen with lists that do this is that people don't
snip it out of posts they are responding to, so a thread will end
up with a whole mess of these unsubscribe notices in it. (annoying) :-)
   If the list thinks it would be worthwhile, we could always give it
a shot...

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.