Re: How to unsubscribe (Attention: Jon)

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 14:24:10 EST

At 08:43 PM 4/2/98 , you wrote:

> The list sofware we use does have that capability. I had hoped that
>it would be enough to have it in the headers, but maybe not? The major
>problem that I have seen with lists that do this is that people don't
>snip it out of posts they are responding to, so a thread will end
>up with a whole mess of these unsubscribe notices in it. (annoying) :-)
> If the list thinks it would be worthwhile, we could always give it
>a shot...

I'll say what I said before, when you join this list it's pretty hard not
to come across info on how to unsubscribe. If people are going to be so
lame (or lazy) that they can't figure it out, I don't think putting it at
the end of each message will help. And judging by the lack of snipping that
goes on in a lot of responses, it will make many of them even longer, take
longer to dl from the server, harder to find the relevant parts, ect. ect.
ad nausium

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed