Fwd: Lowering....spindles vs. control arms -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 08:21:57 EST

How much did the whole deal cost ya'? I'm looking to do this in the
summer (right after traffic school... damn ticket) and I'm looking for a
good deal.

-mike 88V6LE3.55no grip

      I used spindles because they leave all the suspension components at
the
same height as the factory intended, and none of the geometry is
changed. If
you use a lower control arm, it changes the relation between it and the
upper
control arm, as well as the ball joint. If you do choose to use the lower
control arm, you'll have to buy an upper one as well, whuch will probably
end
up running you twice as much as the spindle anyways. I got 2" drop
spindles
and 1" Eibach springts in front, and the ride is incredible. Oh and by the
way, don't forget the alignment when you're done :->

Austin
95 dak V6