Re: Re: 3.9 gas mileage sucks -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 12:08:52 EST

bicycle?! People still have those?! =)

-mike "I like to ride my biCYCLE, I like to ride my bike" sykes
88V6LE3.55

>>> Arg12 <Arg12@AOL.COM> 04/03/98 01:26pm >>>
One thing that many people overlook when it comes to gas mileage is tire
pressure. Low pressure can effect mileage more than one might imagine.
If you
have a hard time believing this, just try various tire pressures on a
bicycle
and you will be amazed at just how much rolling resistance there is
when you
lower the pressure even a few pounds. I'm not trying to say that it will
bring
you from 12mpg to 20mpg, but it will help in the overall picture.