Re: Dakota 4X4

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 17:20:19 EST

> What is the reasoning behind buying a 2wd truck? If you want to race get a
> mustang or vette. Trucks are used for there 4X4 ability.

  2WD trucks are cheaper to buy, and cheaper to maintain. There's also a lot
less crap to break than on the 4WD. Not to mention the extra driveline mass
you get with the 4WD (==> slower, less fuel efficient).

  I regularly haul stuff like loads of firewood, lawn tractor, and boats
with my 2WD, not to mention the fact that it's my daily driver. So this
particular 2WD truck is used as a truck quite often, despite the fact that
it has no "4X4 ability." And the only racing I do is the occasional green
light gambit.

> Does anyone on this
> list use their truck in the outdoors?

  I always use my truck in the outdoors. Is there an alternative? I
have heard of some pretty big indoor parking garages, but not one I
could commute in. ;)

  Ron