Re: outer edge feathering

From: Jerry Jackson (jacksonj@cyberramp.net)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 20:16:50 EST

This is in response to my post. Apparently I am not being clear. The
front-end has been aligned several times, and the tires rotated more
frequently than is normally done. This is on a new 97 and the shocks are
not worn. Nothing is worn out, no loose hardware, nothing bent, no dry
joints, properly inflated, etc, etc. This is happening on brand new tires
with fresh alignment. I have seen the print outs. The problem has to be
something else, like the design of the suspension geometry....but since not
everyone is having this problem..it has to be a combination of something
with that.

Possibly 15x7 wheels, V8, no upgrade suspension..who knows. Sounds like the
4x4s and off road tires don't do this. Different geometry there. There has
to be an answer, and it is not the usual obvious stuff. If it was just
me....but many others are having this problem, and some dealers acknowledge
the problem with some trucks (97+).

I appreciate the help..and I have had 4 alignments by CC under warranty on
new truck (I paid Firestone for one, between dealers). Depends on the
service writer.