Re: Ft end Geometry WAS Sex in a CC

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 23:06:01 EST

<<
     I don't have any problems with incorrectly worn tires. I was thinking
 though, with a CC the wheelbase is long enough to increase the rake without
 the truck getting oversensitive on the straightaways. Is that even possible??
 I just thought I'd throw an idea on the list for discussion.

Actually you are close. picture if you will the front tires of a Std cab
truck on a turn. the outer wheel doesn't turn quite as far as the inner wheel,
because the outer wheel has a bigger circle to turn around than the inner. If
you draw a line ( to the center o the circle the truck is driving around)
perpindicular to the outer wheel and then one perpindicular to the inner wheel
they will intersect together at a meeting point. It just so happens that this
meeting point location is where the imaginary line from the rear axle of the
truck is. ( a line right through the center of the rear axle ). Now if you
extend the cab forward and don't change the wheels corner, the outer and inner
lines no longer intersect at the rea axle line, they intersect before. If you
look at a Crew Cab Chevy long bed truck the front tires chop at about 1k
miles, that is why. If I lost ya wait till I can draw a picture and post it
to let you know what I mean

Keredt

97 CC 2wd
SLT+ 5.2L auto