Re: RE: Aftermarket rims/tires and ABS

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 23:12:18 EST

<< If you don't mind my asking, how much did they set you back? I am also
assuming that you have not lifted the truck, and the tires fit OK. I will ask
my neighbor the mechanic about the ABS problem. He told me once that if you
change the tire size you have to "tell the transmission" instead of changing
the gear for the speedometer. Maybe we will have to "tell" the ABS system
about the tires. >>

  From what I understand most vehicles have perameters that are allowable.
Usually 15% increase or decrease in tire size. The Chebbies need to be
reprogrammed. Dont believe Dodges need this, cause they, like their owners,
are very smart.

Brad