Tires & 4WAL

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Sun Apr 05 1998 - 09:37:04 EDT

To anyone that cares;

When I purchased my '97 and as we all know the T&H package comes with a
fifth aluminum wheel, a mechanic at the dealer gave me a Dak 5 spoke chrome
wheel to put under for the spare, which I mounted a used 31" tire on.

Subsequently I bought a set of brand new take-off '93 aluminum wheels from a
local fella and then traded them to an old fella that is a client of mine
for his four 5 spoke chrome wheels. The gist of this is that these wheels
are only 6" in width and I am having a hard time finding tires of
approximately the same diameter as the stock Goodyear 31 x 10.50's, that are
designed to fit the 6" chrome wheels. I wanted these for winter running,
with a more aggressive tread pattern, part of my concern also is the fact
that I have 3.92 gears and did not want to lower the gear ratio any more
(with smaller tires) and also effect the 4WAL. P235's are a bunch shorter
in height.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on my thinking?

L. John