Re: CB's -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 10:09:23 EDT

My advice, go with Cobra. I have a Cobra that is awesome, mated to a
K40 antennea. When you get your CB, you should make sure you get a
cigarette lighter adapter (Radio Shack, $3) and do some engineering to
make it work. Much more efficient, and you can take it out of your Dak if
you need to without ripping anything loose. And get the Magentic mount
for your antennea, so you can take it off and don't have to drill any holes
in your truck. That way, if your Dak gets wrecked or you sell it, you can
just pop off the antennea, remove your CB, and put it on your next ride!
My setup is a Cobra 29 WX Classic (with weatherband and boosted to
16 watts) and a K40 antenna. it'll ste you back about 200, but it's about
as good as it gets.. hope this helps
-mike
88V6LE3.55

>>> Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu> 04/06/98 01:37am

I've always stuck with the hand held units. They plug right in, with a
magnetic antenna on the roof. I don't use it enough to have one that is
permanently installed. I got mine at Radio Shack for about $70. It works
great, good range, and real simple. As far as features go, I don't know
much.
Basically, I think you are paying for two things: range and overall quality.
Hope this helps. And when thinking about money, think of it as a better
radar
detector built in. Kind of helps to justify cost.
Later,
Robert
Thinknet wrote:
Hey all,

> I got a question and since it is for my DAK I figure that it is relevant.
> How do I know what type of CB to get for my truck, I will be doing a lot
of
> long distance driving and I want one for the road, but when I started
> looking I saw a range of about $50 to $150. So now I want to know.
What

 --
Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu
http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm