RE: Stainless Exhaust (Hey, Lance!)

From: Lance Martz (LanceM@mcmullenargus.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 13:36:49 EDT

EXHAUST VS. EXHAUST

The Gibsons I've heard on Daks make a lot of noise. NOISE mind you, and
not the kind I associate with power (rumbling, throaty growls). Out of
the two, I just plain liked the Borla best. Have you ever seen a Gib.
Muffler? It looks like an oversized stainless coffee can. The Borla was
ovaled and a tad shorter. Much better looking. Stainless will outlive
your children's children, so the added cost was basically moot. If I
sound prejudiced to Borla exhaust, that's probably because I am. I'd
rather run a slightly smaller diameter exhaust, and pick up a few more
low-end ponies than to run oversized tubing and lose those precious,
hard-launching, fingernail-biting, Mustang-spankin' horsepower figures.

In the end, the choice is your own...
Lance L. Martz
LanceM@mcmullenargus.com