Re: 97 Clubcab Bad module, stalling after upgrade -Reply

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 19:43:24 EDT

<< Check this out. Has anyone had to replace the "pick-up plate" yet? Mine
 went out here recently and it'll make the truck do some pretty wierd stuff.
 My Dak was rollin' along at 55 (or at least that's how fast I was
 SUPPOSED to be going) and it just cut off, like it ran out of fuel. Then,
 within a minute it started itself right back up! No shit! Did all kinds of
stuff
 like stalling out at stop lights and not starting in the morning. I got the
thing
 replaced (about 140 if I remember correctly). All better.
 -mike sykes
 88V6LE3.55AUTO >>

Yah, I do remember my Dad having that replaced in his 87 3.9 4WD. What a dog
that truck was!!! I grew up driving that truck. Lasted 220,000 miles. Went
through one pick up plate, 2 used right front hubs, and a transfer case. The
transfer case cracked a week after we got it. Other then that, general
maintenance and it was perfect. He traded it in on a 94 Ram 4WD. They gave
him $4500 for the Dak!!! Couldnt believe it. Thats what got me hooked on
Daks.

Brad