Re: 5.9 5sp Dakota -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 14:44:47 EDT

I saw the same thing in a Truckin' from last year. It's the prototype for the
R/T I believe, or at least that's what I'm pretty sure it is.
-mike sykes

>>> Pytho212 <Pytho212@AOL.COM> 04/06/98 05:40pm >>>
Ya, I read that article in a older Road and Track. They had a picture of a
1998 white reg cab, 2wd, 5.9 5sp. They called it a "sleeper" which
means a
fast car that looks slow. They said 0-60MPH was around 7.5sec but it
had
little tires, with wider tires you could get it down to 7sec flat. They also
said that the time was a little slow because of terrible tire spin. They
said
the limited slip is a needed option. And this truck was cheap. So if you
want to have the speed of the R/T for a great price get this setup. If
anyone
would like more information I will dig out my magazine and fax you the
article
just email me. Hope that cleared things up.