Re: Whatz-up with the Horn -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 13:38:17 EDT

happens to me all the time
-mike sykes

>>> Ryan LeBlanc <leblanclist@mindspring.com> 04/10/98 02:32am >>>
I too hated the stack horn and replaced it. I bought a $30 air horn
from Pep Boys. It has an electric compressors and two horns. Mounted
it right in front of the air filter intake box. (Had to remove the
"hose" that directed the air flow). Now, I have a much more demanding
tone of voice to deal with all the idiots here in So. Calif. who just
can't seem to see a 2 ton Dak in their mirrors. Sometimes I think I got
the invisible option :-) How do you miss a Dak, I can see overlooking a
Geo metro or Toyota Tercel, But a Dak?!!!

Ryan
97 CC, 5.2L, 4x2, SLT+...

VATEKHOKIE wrote:

> 97' CC V8 SLT White... way cool! but.... is it just me or does the horn
sound
> like that of a wimpy VW Beetle? The first time I used it.... YIKS WIMPY!
> Anybody every replaced theirs and if so any suggestions or advice?
Thanks!