Re: (no subject)4x4 or not -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 09:17:05 EDT

Yeah, I gotta' go with the safety issue too. But when four wheelin', I've
seen 2w go out in the mud as far as the 4x before getting stuck. It all
depends on the intelligence of the driver. I saw in Four Wheeler once
where it said "4WD will only get you stuck further from help" =)
-mike sykes
88V6LE3.55AUTO

First I must agree on the safety issue. Second I'll give that the initial
cost is greater, but as far as weight, what difference is 3 or 400 lbs on
a 3500 lb vehicle gonna make?, not much, and as far as maintenence
there
really is know extra maintenece other than checking the fluid level in the
transfer case occasionally, I don't see where all this extra maintenece
cost evryone keeps mentioning is coming from, most of my friends don't
even check the fluid in the transfer case and have still never had an
problems with the 4X......

Bruce