Re: Meguiars

From: Howard Olson (olson.howard@mcleodusa.net)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 22:57:18 EDT

Sounds like maybe hitting it one more time and using a "swirl remover" may
do it...if not try the following....but only if you are confident in your
abilities!!

If you're careful and have a buffer, do a little wet-sanding with some 1200
grit wet/dry paper. Buff out with a base coat/clear coat compound, follow
with a polish then wax. If you are not comfortable with this, you could
check with a body shop and they should be able to do this for your (at a
cost of course)

I used to paint cars for a living and anything I have done for myself, I
have used a basecoat/clearcoat system and followed up by wet sanding and
polishing. Takes some time and patience, but it will look like a mirror
when you are done.

(be careful to only sand the relatively flat areas and not the sharp
corners....same applies to the polishing...be real careful with the buffer
or you will burn the paint down to the primer on the corners.)
The Duck