Re: WRECK(???)

From: Howard Olson (olson.howard@mcleodusa.net)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 22:20:11 EDT

Interesting report...whoever wrote it was smoking crack!!

Looks like the S-10 probably did the worst. Anyone who has shopped for
parts knows that you can pick up aftermarket fenders for an S-10 for next
to nothing....probably 70 to 80 bucks (maybe even less). A Dakota on the
other hand, costs about 50% more. Simple supply and demand. There have
been a lot more S-10's sold than Dakotas (so far)

Therefore, a dollar to dollar comparison does not measure actual damage.
Hell, I would venture to guess that a broken grille on a Mercedes would
cost a lot more than a broken grill on my Dakota....Same amount of damage,
differing dollar amounts.

What we really need to measure is if you throw a 190 lb AP reporter
headfirst at 20 mph into the bumpers of compact trucks, which truck bumper
has the biggest dent?

The Duck!