Re: gibson

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 18:08:50 EDT

> I am still looking for a Gibson for my 97. So far, the cheapest quote l have
> is $311 + 65 to install +60 for the chrome tips. I know l can get it cheaper
> than this. I will be more than happy to install myself. Another option is to
> buy just the muffler, then let a place down here install, bend the dual pipe,
> and add chrome tips for $150 (this sounds like a good price for bending and
> installing dual pipes). Again, the cheapest l have found the muffler alone is
> $140.

  Well, you can order another muffler brand, and get stainless for a lot
cheaper than $140. The one I'd like to try is the Edelbrock heavy duty
(#5525, I believe). Roughly $95 in the Summit and Jeg's catalogs.

  Those of you that have the Gibson bolt-on cat-back system for a '95,
is the muffler a center inlet-center outlet system? Or is there an offset?

  Ron