RE: Meguiars

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 16:26:46 EDT

     ------------------------------

     Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:38:11 -0800 (AKDT)
>I have some scratches on the rails of my Emerald Green metallic 97
>Dak. I took some advice and bought some Meguiars products. I
>purchased the three step "Deep Crystal" system which consists of 1)a
>cleaner, 2)a polish. and 3) a carnuba wax. This did not seem to get
>out the small scratches. Do I need to do a more throrough job during
>the polishing stage or what? These little scratches are quite
>annoying when looked at under direct sunlight.
>:( Suggestions???

     Some folks are talking about using a clay bar to remove the
     scratches... I don't have any experience with this stuff and my
     scratches aren't bad enough to try (figured I might do more harm than
     good). Hopefully everyone has had enough of the Japan/US debate and
     might be willing share some advice/experience on removing your
     scratches. BTW the "mothers" stuff is basically the same process...
     great shine but didn't do anything for scratches so don't waste money
     trying that.

     Tom
     Boston, MA