Re: Japanese Crap

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 14:33:07 EST

>I know there are plenty of reasons for not buying JapCrap...........
>
>I don't buy that stuff because I have been enlightened by my father about the
>"Nips" as he called them. He was a WWII veteran and said that he would never
>buy anything those lil yellow bastards were selling. I did a term paper on
>Japanese prison camps during WWII and my research confirmed Dads first hand
>accounts.
>
>It would shame my fathers memory to ever buy Jap shit.
>
>Nuff said from me............
>
>Gene

I'd say that was TOO MUCH! said from you on this issue. It's interesting
that your quality analysis is based on a completely racist mindset and that
you cite things that happend over fifty years ago as good reasons not to do
something today. What do any of those things have to do with Japanese cars
and trucks currently built ? Do the Japanese think " We hate those
Americans so much , we're going to build high quality cars and trucks for
them? " Don't forget, if it werent for the tough Japanese competition we
wouldnt have the quality Dakotas of today, we'd still be driving the shoddy
crap Detroit produced in the late seventies and early eighties. Remember
that? Maybe you don't! In any case please keep your racist remarks to
yourself!!!!

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __