Re: R/T Info

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 10:15:39 EDT

> DodgeBoyz3 wrote:

> Well, Cat tell us all about it..............;-)
>
> Gene

Drove it good part of yesterday on all types of roads. Ride is
about as stiff as a normal Dakota with tire & handling
package (actually a lot better than I thought it would be).
Still breaking it in and it's been raining here for 2 days so I
haven't really got a chance to nail it yet. We got a G-Tech
performance meter about a month ago (Measures horse
power, 0-60, 1/4 Mile times) and used it on a 97 Club
Cab 5.2L so as soon as the R/T is broken in we'll try it
and post the results for both. The G-Tech said the rear
wheel horse power for the 5.2 was 161 (completely stock)
so it seems pretty accurate. The R/T sits a little lower
and looks wider (must be the fender flares and big tires)
than the other Dakota. Just crawled underneath truck to
check out exhaust. Has dual pipes that go into a Single
large catalytic converter (Dual inlet single outlet converter
not muffler) when they exit the converter it is only one
pipe. That single pipe goes into a large single inlet / single
outlet muffler then out the back. Man it sounds nice! And
it looks even better!

Mike Catlin
in Maryland