Re: r/t

From: Kabuki2 (Kabuki2@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 20:35:06 EDT

<< If
  anyone knows how to get 50- 100 more horses
  out of this motor,let me know. >>

I'm sure all the 318 parts should work on the 5.9L... might want to check,
first ....

Borla makes real good headers, best quality i've ever seen, nice thick
mounting flange..

K&N... you know the drill...

If you realisticly want to get atleast 50 more hp out of your motor, you're
most likely going to have to change the cam ... I'm running one with the
following specs:

lift .480/.480
dur @.050 210/220
this is on a 112 degree lobe sep.

the cam did wonders for my truck, except it lost alittle low end torque, which
with my tanklike ram with 3.55 gears didn't help it much out of the hole, I
need to regear and possibly run a looser converter. You shouldn't run into
that problem with 3.92 gears with a lighter truck like a dakota.....

ttyl
patrick