Re: WRECK(???)

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 19:40:14 EDT

Ah, now there's the problem. A concrete pole is probably the worst case
scenario for impact damage. All the energy is concentrated within a very
small physical area. Had they used a concrete *WALL*, where the forces
of impact are spread evenly across the entire width of the bumper, the
results would surely have been different. The majority of the force
would then be transferred to the frame (The BIG frame..) with probably
minimal damage. The tests were obviously not very well thought out. (Or
*were* they????) "The truth is out there"

gk
Gary E. Klim - Somewhere in central Connecticut garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ gklim@harman.com