Re: WRECK(???)

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 19:01:43 EDT

The only thing I don't like about my mom's boyfriend is that he drives a Toyota
Previa. I am all for buying American. I used to work at a restaurant near the
Fenton, Mo. plant, and business would slow down when CC did. But the fact remains
that Japanese doesn't mean crap, and that the two markets were and are VERY
intertwined. The reason I refuse to buy Japanese cars is this: trade policy, and
helping Americans. If there were actually free trade into Japan, it would be OK,
but there's not. Now there are those who spout that their Accord was made in Ky, so
it's ok. That's a load of crap. There are those that say the money we export comes
back: load number two. Buy american, but for the right reasons.Ok, that was fun.
Don't worry, I'm going on break soon, so I'll be quiet for a while.
Later,
Robert

--
Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu