RE: Wimpy Horn (info)

From: Miles Bosworth (mbosworth@ioa.com)
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 00:53:04 EDT

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998 01:49:19 -0400, you wrote:

>Due to running fire calls in my Dakota the FD was kind enough to buy me
>a 100 watt federal speaker and siren. I have wail, yelp, alert and my
>favorite electric air horn. No more whimpy horn!

Curious as to what kind of speaker you are running, and where you found room
to mount it. I also have FD supplied siren and speaker, but have not
installed it in my new DAK. It was mounted in an old Toyota pickup, under
the hood, but because of no under hood pad, worked very well. Guys in one
of the trucks could hear me coming up behind them, while their siren was
running.

My DAK is an SLT, with hood pad, and I know that it would kill any engine
compartment mounting for the speaker. Also does it show, as I would like it
keep it out of sight.