Re:Was wimpy now siren

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 01:19:19 EDT

Check the Galls public safety catalog. I believe they are located in Austin
Texas. They offer a 100 watt speaker that is very slim and designed
to fit behind the grille on most veichles.

Miles Bosworth wrote:

> >Due to running fire calls in my Dakota the FD was kind enough to buy me
> >a 100 watt federal speaker and siren.
> Curious as to what kind of speaker you are running, and where you found room
> to mount it.
> My DAK is an SLT, with hood pad, and I know that it would kill any engine
> compartment mounting for the speaker. Also does it show, as I would like it
> keep it out of sight.

Wont show mounted behind the grille but should sound very loud in front, not in
the cab. At the company where I work we install these on police cars and nearly
allways fit it behind the grille. I usually mount them off to one side as not
to block too much air from the condenser or radiator.